Information Collected About You
TA and our third-party business partners and service providers collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information you provide directly to us (e.g., when you send us an e-mail, sign-up to become a member of one of our programs, reserve a parking space, and request services from us), and information we automatically collect from you when you access and use our Online Services. The information we collect includes both personally identifiable information and other information that cannot be used to personally identify you.
Information You Provide Us. When you sign-up to become a member of one of our programs, reserve a parking space through our Sites, or otherwise utilize any of our Online Services, we collect the requested information that you provide, which may include, without limitation, your name, your employer's name, your email and U.S. mail address, your birthday, your office, mobile and home telephone and fax numbers, your DOT number, and/or information regarding your truck. You may choose whether or not to provide such information; however, the information may be required to utilize certain features of our Online Services.
We also collect information, such as your name and email address, when you send us an e-mail or otherwise communicate with us through our Sites.
Information Collected Automatically. We and our third-party business partners and service providers collect information automatically from you when you visit our Sites, use our Online Services, and in connection with our emails, online advertisements, and social media pages. Such information includes the following:
- Usage information. We collect information about how you interact with our Online Services. This includes information such as the dates and times that you visit our Sites, the pages you view, referring / exit URLs, your browser type, and the number of clicks on our Sites. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. To learn more about these technologies, please see the Cookies and Other Technologies section below.
- Device Information. We collect information about the devices (e.g., computer, tablet, and mobile phone) you use to access our Online Services, including your device model, IP address, operating system, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), and mobile network operator information.
- Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of certain Online Services, including, but not limited to, our rewards programs, reserving a parking space, or utilizing RoadSquad Connect.
- Location Information. If you utilize any of the location-based services offered through our Online Services, such as Find Location, we and our third-party business partners and service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We and our providers use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Information We Receive From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties such as our business partners and service providers, including payment processors and marketing service providers.
Social Media. When you link your social media account or engage with TA’s social media pages, you understand that you may be allowing us to have ongoing access to certain information stored on those social media sites (e.g., your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, website, personal description, and likes, and your friends' birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions, and likes). We may receive certain information about you which is stored on social media sites if other users of those sites give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends or connections depending upon your settings on those third-party social networking sites. We may also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our social media pages. The information we have access to from the third-party social media websites varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Please see below for more information regarding the technologies that we may use.
Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access our Online Services. The information collected from log files may include your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, landing pages, and pages viewed.
Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons (also known as a “pixel tag” or “clear gif”) which are small blocks of code installed on or utilized with our Online Services, emails, and online advertisements which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, and other usage information.
Social Media Features. Our Online Services contain social media features such as the Facebook and Twitter buttons. These features may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the applicable feature.
Online Analytics. We may use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Online Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other usage information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How Your Information Is Used
We use your information, including personally identifiable information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our Online Services;
- processing your transactions;
- providing services to you;
- creating and managing your membership accounts;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquiries and communications;
- customer service and technical support, which may include responding to your requests, resolving issues, and/or troubleshooting problems;
- improving and customizing our Online Services, communications, and advertisements;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our offerings and to conduct research and analysis;
- for marketing purposes;
- to assist in loss prevention and anti-fraud measures;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes; and/or
- to protect the security and integrity of our business, Online Services, products, services, brands, users, customers, and third-party business partners and service providers.
How We Share Your Information
TA shares and discloses your information, including personally identifiable information, under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, hosting, maintenance, and support of our Online Services; processing your transactions and payments; data management, storage, and analysis; communications; and marketing;
- with our third-party business partners for analytical and marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of TA, its third-party business partners and service providers, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- in connection with a potential, and/or upon the closing of a, corporate transaction, including a merger, acquisition, sale, consolidation, change in control, financing, dissolution, or similar transaction or other fundamental corporate change involving all or a portion of TA’s or any of its affiliates’ or subsidiaries’ business operations or assets;
- in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, your personally identifiable information may be sold and transferred as a business asset;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
TA provides you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain personally identifiable information and to opt-out of having information collected for certain purposes. For example, you may
- update your account information;
- close your account;
- choose whether to receive promotions and offers from us;
- change your preferences for certain communications; and
- request access to your personally identifiable information.
You may exercise your choices by contacting us via the Contact Us information provided below or following the instructions provided in the electronic communications sent to you.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation. We will, however, continue to send transaction-based emails if you engage in a transaction, request customer support, or make similar requests.
In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to utilize certain features of our Online Services.
Location Information. You may opt-out from allowing us and our third-party business partners and service providers to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your web browser and mobile device. However, some features of our Online Services, such as Find Location, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Social Media. You may be able to opt-out from allowing us to have access to information about you stored on social media websites by adjusting your privacy settings on that social media website.
Cookies and Other Technologies. You may opt-out of the automatic collection of some information by referring to your web browser’s or mobile device’s options or settings menu. However, doing so may disable many of the portions, features, or functionality of our Online Services. For example, most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the choice to set your browser to accept or reject cookies. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences or visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.
Google Analytics. Google provides users choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics by developing an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this Add-on, no information is being sent to Google.
Security of Information
User Generated Content
Children Under Thirteen (13) Years Of Age
We do not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, do not send any information about yourself to us. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information.
Collection In and Transfer To The United States
Our Online Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be collected in or transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States. The data protections and other laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer personally identifiable information across borders.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below. We will respond to these requests within thirty (30) days. Requests that come by other means may result in a delayed response.
Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, our Online Services are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you have a question or comments about us, our Online Services, or our privacy practices, you may contact us by any of the ways listed below.
TravelCenters of America LLC
24601 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, OH 44145
United States of America
Attention: Timothy A. Bonang
Telephone: (617) 796-8390